Saturday, February 8, 2020

Micahs Song

What's New
My son wrote this for his Facebook account, thought it would be worth sharing. 

 
Psalm 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff comfort me.

 I love the 3 promises l find in this verse!
1. "thou art with me"
2. "thy rod and thy staff comfort me"
3. "the SHADOW of death"🤔
At a first glance of this verse, I read "the valley of the shadow of death" as the trials and temptation life brings. But upon further thought, I realize that, when we accept the gift that God offers freely to us, we are transformed from death in sin to life in Christ. Our old life in sin and death can only shadow us. The devil still attacks us. (Matthew 26:41) He uses our old flesh and desires to discouraged us in our faith. But in those moments, God comforts us! Death's hopeless snares can only shadow us as God keeps in his "Valley" of protection!

(this promise inspired me to write these lyrics😁) 
IN THE VALLEY 
vs1 
I was born on a mountain top of death 
I was fight just to take my next breath 
But when I looked down I heard you calling me
And I called back your love set me free

chorus 
God you keep me in the valley 
You won't let me go astray
And you've had your arms around me 
Since I called upon your name
And when times of desperation come
You've shown your the only one
Who keeps me in the valley

vs2
Since that day I've felt your presence near
Because of mercy I will never fear
But in the moments when death is chasing me
In your valley your grace is all I see
https://www.facebook.com/micahamann 






This email was sent to jason3991.jason@blogger.com
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Go Thy Way · po box 212 · West Alexandria, OH 45381 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment